Enrollment Management

December 6, 2016

Spotlight – Welcome Our New Staff!

Rebecca Xie, Admissions Specialist

rebeccaxie

I grew up in a small town called Central Point in southern Oregon, where I was raised with my 3 older siblings. I’ve always been passionate about sports, nature, and traveling. As a child I raced competitive BMX for over 10 years, 8 of which I held the title for Oregon State Champion.

Coming from a small town, it became increasingly more important to travel and see the world, which is why I chose to study International Relations and Chinese language and literature at the University of Oregon. Between my frequent trips to Eastern Asia, I have worked for the University of Oregon in the Office of Study Abroad as an Advisor, Clark College as a Credential Evaluator and finally, now as an Admissions Specialist in the Office of Admissions. I am so thrilled to be apart of this team and hope that I can make a positive and lasting impact around campus and in Schmitz Hall.

Samantha Summers, Admissions Specialist

Samantha Summers is from Yakima, Washington. She graduated from Washington State University, majoring in English with a minor in Global Studies. Before coming to this position, she was working at a small non-profit called Literacy Source. It is an adult community learning center that offers free services to immigrants, refugees and low income individuals. She was a teacher, advisor, and helped students apply for U.S. citizenship. In her free time, she likes fun hikes, yoga, and traveling — she’s been to 16 countries so far!